Monday, November 10, 2008

Planting Bulbs

Muscari Iris Reticulata Crocus Daffodil jonquila Daffodil tete-a-tete
miniature Alium

The flower bulbs arrived in mid-October, and have been keeping cool in the wine room. Tomorrow my father will help me plant them. All 600 of them. The grower recommends 9 per square foot. CDV recommends planting the muscari together with all the others as a flag (because it sends up leaves in fall so I'll be able to find where I planted everything when I start planting more next fall). So we have about 55 - 60 square feet of area to plant. The irises will go closest to the house, alongside the raspberries, because they are only 4 inches tall. The daffodils will go along the middle paths, and the alium in the back near the shed. They come up latest - so I'll see them when the weather warms up and I take longer walks all the way to the back of the garden.

No comments: