The banks of the paths are taking shape. They are a bit more solid than I had imagined (I guess I was thinking rustic stone wall without mortar). The big slope will soon be gone. The crew set concrete blocks in place to hold up the greenhouse and the steps that will lead from the patio up to the planted areas.The new kitchen windows were delivered today. I hear (I'm in Washington DC, getting reports by phone) that the kitchen door has to be returned because it swings in rather than out. So we might have windows instead of plastic sheeting yet still have
this plywood door for a couple more weeks.Coincidentally, as we've been building our garden several of our neighbors have been dramatically improving their gardens as well. The garden of Charlie's old house had been the nicest we could see, but now it is about five times nicer! A more modern, open, elegant design. I have garden envy, and it's especially delightful to know that in a few weeks I'll have the enviable garden myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment