The difference between holes and prepared holes is subtle to the non-contractor’s eye. DW explains that the guys filled the bottom of each slot in the bricks with cement and inlaid a steel plate. They also bricked up all the old holes. The steel beams should arrive Tuesday. Happy
Labor Day!Meanwhile, DW and JG keep hatching new plans. The latest idea is that the new 3rd floor could be larger than the new 4th floor – it would be an L-shape that extends all the way to the back wall of the kitchen and connects to the old elevator shaft (the exotic bathroom, for those who have visited here). So the exotic bathroom would remain untouched, and my office would be the on the 3rd floor above the kitchen, looking out over the garden.
As usual, my comment is that we don’t need this much space. DW and I debated the meaning of the term White Elephant this morning… I was right, of course.
And meanwhile, CG has finalized the basic plant list. I’d be happy to send a copy to anyone who requests it (just post your request in a comment). I’ve made a preliminary selection of bulbs. They are all miniatures, blue and yellow, scheduled to bloom from March to early May: muscari, crocus, daffodils, aliums. CG has taught me a lot about irises: they are not bulbs but perennials, and must be purchased and planted differently. I usually prefer the light lavender colors, but I wonder if a darker purple would look better against our neighbor’s white wall. There are so many choices!
1 comment:
Yes, please, to the list of plants!
I had a lovely time looking at the drafts, and would really like to see what you have settled on.
Everything looks like it is going smoothly so far--except for that scary moment with the cat! D *is* the lucky one.
Post a Comment