
Pedro and a small crew are removing the big coping stones that topped the parapets and cutting new slots in the brick side walls that the new beams will hook into. It sounds like big dentist drills.
I picked up the perforated plans from our expediter at the Buildings Dept., so we have an official copy here for inspections. I ran into obstacles getting the watering hose up to the top roof: the hose that we had used has sprung a big leak (probably got run over by a lift), so I shut off the inside water valve feeding it; the second hose (that we use to clean the front sidewalk)is much heavier than I expected, and attached to the building in ways I couldn’t quite undo. That will be today’s project.
Charlie slipped behind the plastic sheeting while DW was showing the work to a friend at night. DW says Charlie tried to run out the door, and showed remarkable balance and muscle control by stopping just before going airborne. I’m not sure who’s luckier – Charlie or DW!
No comments:
Post a Comment