That might be tomorrow, as virtually everything that was horizontal is gone already. A couple of beams are left, even though there is again adamancy that they are absolutely not necessary to hold up the adjacent walls. I calmly ate breakfast while the house shook, as Sean’s claw took out the patio area. But I wasn’t prepared to open the back door onto nothingness, so DW took the photos today. R used a laser gismo to take measurements. A load of re-bar arrived on the front side of the building, and was carried through to the back.

Charlie seemed content to sleep all day. DW says we should let him out on the top roof – even if he runs onto the neighbors’ roofs, there are breaks he can’t cross after a few houses in each direction.
1 comment:
Ack that really is moving along. I agree about Charlie. Though I'm not surprised his default option is to have a nap.
I am also suspicious of the idea that the plastic sheeting will keep out ALL of the dust. My understanding was that it keeps the dust down to manageable levels.
Post a Comment